Fiberglass reinforced plastic (FRP) pipes and fittings are suitable and cost saving products for ship building as their advantages as below:
- Long service life and good comprehensive benefits
- Low maintenance cost: fiberglass pipe and fittings are featured by corrosion resistance, abrasion resistance and pollution resistance, therefore no need to do the rust protection dirty protection and insulation treatment, which can save maintenance charge by 70%.
- Non conductivity: fiberglass pipes and fittings are non-conductors, therefore they are suitable for cables.
- Designable: can be designed and manufactured based on different pressure, flow rate and stiffness, etc.
- Abrasion resistance: input the water with slurry and sand into the pipe to do the abrasion test. The abrasion depth of steel pipe coated by tar is 0.52mm, while fiberglass pipe after hardness treatment is only 0.21mm.
Piping system are available on a variety of standard diameters raging from 10 to 4000mm. Larger or special shapes of pipes and fittings are available upon request.
Fiberglass pipes consists of liner of pure resin, glass veils and chopped strand mats / thermoplastic, structural layer and surface layer, with design pressure up to 32 bar, and max. temperature 130℃for liquids and 170℃ for gases.
Sometimes, to meet extremely hot and corrosive environments, Jrain designs and manufactures dual laminate pipings and fittings, that is thermoplastic liner and fiberglass structure.
The common thermoplastic liners include PVC, CPVC, PP, PE, PVDF, etc.
Combining the strength of FRP and the chemical compatibility of plastics provides customers with a superior alternative to costly metal alloys and rubber-lined steel.
Fiberglass pipes and fittings for ship building can also supply insulation in cold environments. The use of polyurethane insulation finished with an FRP laminate to protect the insulation
Jrain offers pipe and fittings to meet many national and international standards depending on the applications including DIN, ASTM, AWWA, BS, ISO and many others.